Tourism Watch at ITB Berlin NOW 2021
This year's ITB Berlin, took place virtually from the 9 – 12 of March. Tourism Watch participated with a virtual booth and own events at the ITB Convention.
Events by and with Bread for the World – Tourism Watch:
TO DO Award 2020+2021 – Award ceremony from the Studienkreis für Tourismus und Entwicklung e.V.:
This year's winner of the TO DO Award 2021 is the community-based tourism project "Rutas Ancestrales Araucarias" from Chile. The ToDo Human Rights Award goes to the women's rights organization "Equality in Tourism". On the occasion of this year's digital ITB, last year's award winners was also honored - their award ceremony did not take place due to the cancellation of ITB 2020: "Esfahk Historic Village" (Iran) and "Banteay Chhmar Community Based Tourism" (Cambodia), was honored for their participatory tourism initiatives. Fundacion Renacer from Colombia for their commitment to protecting the rights of children in tourism.
Studiosus Talk: Human Rights in Supply Chains (German only)
Germany is going to get a supply chain law that describes and bindingly regulates the human rights responsibilities of German companies abroad. Why is it a good sign for tourism that the law is finally coming and how should it be designed?
This was discussed under the moderation of Tanja Samrotzki:
- Prof Dr. habil. Lisa Fröhlich - President of the CBS International Business School
- Antje Monshausen - Tourism Watch, Bread for the World
ITB Panel Discussion on "Just Transitions in Global Tourism"
Together with experts from science, civil society and business, Antje Monshausen from Tourism Watch at Bread for the World discussed the necessary changes in tourism towards a low-carbon, but high-benefit and resilient tourism.
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Gössling – Professor for Tourism and Sustainability, Sweden
- Zina Bencheikh – Managing Director EMEA | Intrepit Travel
- Judy Kepher-Gona – Executive Director of Sustainable Travel & Tourism Agenda, Kenya
- Joyatri Ray – Equitable Tourism Options, India